#NoLOBOs is a campaign to reclaim local democracy from the financial sector. We welcome initiatives by Councillors to ensure Local Government operates transparently and in the public interest.
There are numerous cases around the world where Local Government has stood with the people against the criminal behaviour of banks. Our democratically elected UK bodies should demonstrate civic leadership by challenging criminal financial institutions when they break the laws and ‘mis-sell’ financial products to public institutions, businesses and the wider community.
If you are a local Councillor and would like to do more, please get in touch. We’d be happy to collaborate with you.
What you can already do as a Councillor:
- Ask us to provide a workshop on LOBO loans to the Council
- Put LOBO Loans on the Agenda of the next Council meeting
- Investigate further your Local Council LOBO loans
- Request a Public Interest Report
- Request a declaration that LOBO loans are illegal from the High Court
What your Local Authorities can do (click on title for more):